Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Finance & Human Resources Associate. Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA here: https://www.signaturetheatre.org/About.aspx
The Finance & Human Resources Associate is a full-time position, temporarily remote due to Covid-19. The role is an integral part of the Finance and Human Resources department and will supervised by the Business Manager and report to both the Director of Finance and Director of Human Resources.
Responsibilities: Finance and Human Resources
- Analyze invoices and expenses for accuracy and proper coding
- Prepare and input invoices and expenses for payment
- Perform daily and monthly credit card reconciliations
- Perform monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations
- Compile testing materials to prepare for annual audit and 990 reporting
- Process and submit weekly payroll to third-party preparer
- Prepare and input weekly payroll entries into general ledger
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete personnel records and files
- Support recruitment of new staff, including posting positions and responding to inquiries
- Conduct onboarding procedures with new staff
- Administer fringe benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) and FSA plans
- File Unemployment and Workers’ Comp insurance claims
- Research, update and draft organizational and departmental policies and procedures
We welcome applicants who have completed certified coursework in finance and/or accounting; who have earned a university degree; or who possess a combination of education and equivalent related experience. Strong Preference for candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Human Resources. An interest in non-profit theatre is preferred, but not required. Experience with payroll or accounting software, and/or a willingness to learn BeyondPay and Financial Edge is a plus. Signature Theatre is a MS Office environment.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with references and salary requirements, to email@example.com
. Please type ‘Finance and Human Resources Associate
’ in the subject line
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No phone calls, please.